Thursday 29 March 2007

Welcome! About Me, and my Blog...

Hi, and welcome to my blog. In case you haven't guessed, I'm Dan, and I'm angry. Very, very angry. I'm often told I'm 29 going on 59, but that's not true really. I'm much closer to 30 now, and so I reckon in attitude terms, I'm about 62 and a half.

So what's it all about then, this blogging thing? Initially I thought 'I don't really know, and quite frankly, I'm not sure I really care' - but then something struck me. Maybe, just maybe, I could find some solace, maybe some therapy, writing about the stuff I spend too much time thinking about.

I spend a frightening proportion of my time awake getting angry about things. Not just the big stuff, like someone eating my dog, or nicking my car - but about some of the really small things, like when the ketchup top flips closed too fast and sprays sauce on your face. Now normal people would just shrug and wipe it off. Not Angry Dan, oh no - in my mind, that tiny speck of sauce is tantamount to dropping a nuke on Tehran - christ, who'd be surprised if THAT started a war?

Anyway, before I go off on one about ketchup, Iran, Iraq, Tony sodding Blair and the rest of them with their 'safety cameras' and 'school reform' and... no... calm down... back on track - before I go off on one, let me get back to the point. As I was saying, I spend a lot of time angry, so what better way to spend the rest of my time than telling the world what I'm angry about on any given day? Or probably more likely, sometimes several times a day.

So why now? Well, I realised that I probably expend way too much of my available energy raging on at friends, colleagues, the radio, the television - in fact anyone who will (or, to be honest, won't) listen, and for what effect? None. That's what. No effect at all.

Hopefully, if I've got this blogging thing right, it'll be a great way not only to get it all off my chest, but hopefully to spread the misery wider than just among my close acquaintances. And maybe I'll meet a few like minded people along the way.

There'll no doubt be some recurring themes - As a keen motorist on both two and four wheels, I'll doubtless return to the subjects of 'Safety' Cameras, driving standards, the attitude of cars towards bikes, traffic, congestion, global warming... and others.

I'll also tell you about my work - but that's for another day, and another time - and if I run out of things to tell you about that, I might just tell you about myself.

Anyway, for now that's enough. I can feel my heart racing, and I'd like to live to blog again. It helps.

Thanks for listening!
Angry Dan

No comments: